Leanpay is on a mission to enable consumers to buy any product or service in installments in any shop and in any channel in a few clicks – with no need for separate trips to the bank, arranging credit cards, or worrying about paperwork.
Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) is the hottest trend in Fintech and Leanpay aims to be at the forefront of that trend in Central Eastern Europe. Our team of experienced professionals from retail, banking, and financial software development allows us to create solutions that bring additional value to our network of shops and their customers.
Currently, Leanpay is a BNPL leader in Slovenia. Supported by the success in Slovenia and new investments that have confirmed the strength of the vision we believe in, in 2021 we expanded in Croatia and continue the process of CEE internationalization into Hungary and Romania.
We run entirely in the Cloud and aim to use the right tools for the job to eliminate operations load and let engineers focus on what matters the most – engineering.
DevOps Engineer responsibilities focus on further developing the infrastructure Leanpay services are running on, while following the guidance and best practices from senior colleagues. There’s a fair amount of operations too which we have a goal of minimizing through further automation and involves helping fellow developers with the usual platform problems like broken deployment pipelines, setting up test environments, etc.
Ultimately, an engineer in this role should follow the team’s best practices and be aware of the limitations of the technologies the company relies on.
- Love for automation, passionate about Cloud technologies and IaaC (Infrastructure as Code);
- Good understanding of modern Web applications with micro- service architecture on cloud;
- Experience with managing Cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure…) or on- premise infrastructure is a plus;
- Knowledge of how a modern CI/CD works (Jenkins/GitlabCI/Spinnaker…);
- A deeper understanding of at least some of the topics important to us, such as Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, or Networking;
- Ability to code in Python/Go/Java (one of the languages that Google Cloud Functions support);
- At minimum user-level experience with alerting and monitoring tools (Prometheus/Grafana, Datadog, Google Monitoring, or equivalent);
- You can find and deliver solutions to a well-defined problem without heavy support or supervision from more senior colleagues;
- You actively look for opportunities to improve yourself and your team;
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written);
- Communication skills – needs to understand/listen/talk to colleagues, help them with everyday issues.
Why it rocks to work in Leanpay
- We cherish a no-blame culture – mistakes do happen and we aim to learn from them;
- We value integrity in work by doing what we say and respecting agreements;
- We love the tech part in the word “fintech”, trying to use the best technology for the job;
- You can expect a competitive salary, based on your experience and performance;
- We care about our people’s health, so we provide private health insurance;
- If you want to learn, we’ll back you up with an educational budget;
- We use our work time wisely with a generous vacation policy of 25 days;
- We’re a great team of passionate and fun-loving people who you’ll love working with!